Discover Baja Mexico RV Caravans with Baja Amigos
For many years now, Ive always wanted to travel the Baja California Peninsula.Well, the time has finally come where I can stop dreaming about taking this trip, because my wife and I are actually signed up and ready to go next springon one of the very popular Baja Mexico RV Caravans.
We chose Baja Amigos because they specialize in smaller groups of Recreational Vehicle travelers, and because of this they can offer a more personal and much more relaxed caravan journey.
RV Caravans to Mexico
Over the years, our family have traveled to many of the more popular tourist destinations in Mexico for our vacations. Such places have included visits to Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Ixtapa/Zihuatenajo and one of my most favorite destinations, Tulum!
A couple of years ago, after attending our annual trek to the 🏁 NASCAR Races in Phoenix, Arizona, my wife and I decided to venture further for the first time into Mexico with our RV. We crossed at Lukeville, Arizona and made our way to the north tip of the Sea of Cortez to the small fishing community of Puerto Penasco.
We had a fantastic 2 week stay beachfront camping, exploring the area and meeting some amazing people!
This further wet my appetite to travel the Baja!
Baja Mexico RV Caravans with Baja Amigos
Baja Amigos Tours at Tropic Cancer Monument
After searching the internet and getting on a few of my favorite Recreational Vehicle Travel forums, it didnt take long for us to decide on Baja Amigos to lead us down the Baja for the first time on a fully guided tour. For years now, on most all of our travels, Ive been the one to organize and plan our travel itinerary.
I thoroughly enjoy this because of my love for travel, but on this trip, I decided to let a professional do the driving so to speak, so I dont have to do anything but follow the leader!
Ok, I have to drive but what a nice change its going to be to not have to search for gas stations, campgrounds, arrange tours and everything else that goes along with RV travel.
Sure it costs a little bit more, but for the first trip down, what a nice change and hey, were worth it!
Enjoying Sunset on the Beach in Baja Mexico!
Baja Amigos offer full 28 and 38 day itineraries to choose from that take you down the Baja Peninsula, with many added features that you wont find with the other companies.
We offer personal guided RV tours to the Mexican Baja that are Safe, Affordable, Enjoyable and Unforgettable!
What I really liked was that their professional Wagon Masters are also your Tour Guides and stay and camp with you the entire trip. This isnt the case with some of the other less expensive companies offeringBaja Mexico RV Caravans.
Your hosts at Baja Amigos believe in small more intimate guided tours, rather than the larger 30 to 40 person tours where most companies are just looking at additional profit only.
Your Hosts at Baja Amigos Caravan Tours
Baja Amigos Tour Hosts & Owners
Your tour hosts and owners at Baja Amigos, Dan and Lisa Goy, have been traveling down the Baja and throughout Mexico in their RV for over 30 years. In 2009, after years of preparation and experience traveling throughout Mexico, Baja Amigos was born, and they have been operating successfully ever since.
We knew smaller was better at the outset, less stress on those leading, more intimate for those on tour.
Ever since their start up, they have always wanted their customers to truly experience the Real Baja and the Mexican culture as well. In addition to the much smaller intimate caravan, this is what really sold us on making the decision to take a guided tour with them and we cant wait for the adventure to begin!
As Dan and Lisa move on, their business approach has remained virtually unchanged. Their focus is to promote the Baja and the Country first, with their business and tours following.
Their continued passion and wanting to share their love for Mexico, I believe is the reason for their success.
This is very rare in the business world!
Baja Amigos Affliates
Baja Amigos have established themselves as a solid and reputable business over the years and are widely recognized with many major affiliates in this sector of the travel industry.
Their fully escorted Baja Mexico RV Caravans are among the best and the most highly rated you will find!
The Baja Peninsula
The Baja California Peninsula) extends from the City of Tijuana, Mexico from the north, to Cabo San Lucas, its most southern point. It borders the State of California and stretches approximately 747 miles or just over 1200 kilometers.
The Peninsula is actually divided into two Mexican states; Baja California on the north and Baja California Sur on the south.
It is one of the longest peninsulas in the world and offers a fascinating mixture of cultures. The geography of the Baja ranges from pristine beaches to forests and dry deserts.
RV Caravans to Mexico
We selected their early spring 28 day caravan tour with Dan & Lisa. Below, is a detailed list of what they include in their complete guided tour down the Baja Peninsula. This is a full itinerary complete with some excellent tours, attractions, dining and much more!
Baja Mexico RV Caravans 28 Day Tour Includes:
- Mexican Camping Fees (Estimated Value: $650);
- On-Tour Excursions (Estimated Value: $1000 per couple);
- No need to insure and tow a vehicle! (Estimated Value: $200);
- Tourist Visa (FMM) for each participant (Estimated Value: $50 per Couple);
- 14 guests max on all tours: We believe smaller is better! (Its all about YOU!);
- Trip Preparation Guide & Checklist provided prior to rendezvous (A must!);
- The Baja Mexico Road Map (Estimated Value: $15);
- Mike & Terri Churchs Camping Mexicos Baja 5th Edition (Estimated Value: $20);
- Baja Amigos Tour Itinerary, Information & Log Book (Estimated Value: $100);
- Access to watercraft on the beach (Estimated Value: $25 per hour);
- Seasoned Experienced Wagon Masters/Tour Guides with caravan at all times (Priceless);
- Pre-travel daily briefings (Keeps everyone informed on what to expect!);
- Flexibility to Drop Off and Pick Up later, No Charge (Estimated Value $250);
- Learn about Mexican History & Culture (Muy Importante);
- Rendezvous Reception (Estimated Value: $50 per Couple);
- A Hosted Dinner at popular local eatery in Pescadero (Estimated Value: $30 per couple);
- Enjoy a Hosted Fiesta Dinner Night: Loreto (Estimated Value: $100 per Couple);
- Hosted Wine Tour & Tasting: Valle de Guadalupe (Estimated Value: $50 per Couple);
- Playa Medano Margarita Happy Hour (Estimated Value: $25 per Couple);
- Vicente Guerrero VIVA Mexico Farewell Dinner (Estimated Value: $60 per Couple);
- Pets are welcome (They can join Lulu on your Mexican Baja adventure);
- Two-way radios for the duration of the trip (Estimated Value: $200);
- All Estimated Values in USD Funds.
Beach Shopping at Playa Santispac
Baja Mexico RV Caravans Tour Excursions Include:
- La Bufadora (Blow Hole) & Vendor Gauntlet in Punta Banda;
- Visit Historic San Ignacio, Mission San Ignacio, Cave Painting Museum;
- Historic Loreto including Our Lady of Loreto Mission;
- 32km drive to San Javier Mission and Stunning Overlook;
- Loreto Fiesta Night Dinner;
- Village of Bahia de los Angeles;
- Museo De Naturaleza Y Cultura Bahia de los Angeles;
- Diaz Family Onyx Chapel;
- Guillermos Place & Lucys Art Gallery;
- Explore Cabo San Lucas Historic Downtown & Artesanos;
- Cabo San Lucas Blown Glass Factory;
- Swim & Snorkel at Beautiful Playa Santa Maria;
- Enjoy a Hosted Happy Hour on Famous El Medano beach;
- Historic San Jose del Cabo, including Mission and Art District;
- Todos Santos including Legendary Hotel California;
- Travelto the Beautiful and Picturesque La Paz Malecon;
- Visit to unique Ibarras Pottery Studio;
- A Hosted Pescadero Dinner at popular local eatery;
- Visit to Downtown La Paz and Madero Mercado;
- Dinner option at Mexican Restaurant in La Paz;
- Legendary Mulege including Museum (former Prison) & Loma Linda Hotel;
- Mission Santa Rosalia, Historic Mulege Lighthouse;
- Wine Tour & Tasting in the Valley of Guadalupe.
Baja Amigos Tours Excursion Van
We utilize a 14 passenger van for included optional hosted on-tour excursions which are specifically designed to let everyone in the caravan relax and enjoy what Baja has to offer once we reach our destination.
As you can see, this really is a complete tour package, so when you add everything up and for the length of the trip, you really are getting your moneys worth and more.
We did the math and unless youre traveling solo on your own, this is a real bargain!
Tecate Mexico Border Crossing
We will be crossing at the Tecate Border Crossing just to the east of San Diego, California. A new border crossing into Mexico for us and one Im looking forward to experiencing.
Tecate, Mexico is known for the Tecate Brewery (my favorite beer) and the very well-known Rancho La Puerta Spa.
If you have been thinking of traveling the Baja, like I have for many years, then I highly suggest checking out Baja Amigos as we did. Spaces fill quickly as you can well imagine, so contact Baja Amigos for more information and why not join us on this upcoming tour!
For more detailed information, dates, prices on these Baja Mexico RV Caravans and other tours offered, be sure to visit Baja Amigos officialwebsite that I have listed below for your convenience.
As well, check out the official Discover Baja California website below to find out much more on what this part of Mexico has to offer!
Update March 2021:
Bookings are now underway for the 2021-2022 Caravan Tours and are selling out fast!
Be sure to review my detailed posts and photos of our outstanding 28 day tour in the links below. I have arranged the posts in a group of 4, week by week offering a detailed review and photos of our outstanding journey. We look forward to joining Baja Amigos once again in the very near future!
Safe and Healthy Travels!
Your thoughts are Always Welcome in the Comment Box Below. As well, if you enjoyed reading this post, please do share it with others by scrolling down ↓ to your favorite Social Media Button ↓.
Don’t Forget It … Be Sure To Pin It!
2021, All Rights Reserved gr8traveltips.com